Mark your calendars! Fall Academy 2014 begins on Monday, August 25 and runs through Friday, September 5. Preview the schedule (all 92 sessions!) at http://go.wlu.edu/FallAcademy. Sign up for sessions beginning Friday, August 1.
ITS is continuing to work with the RightFax vendor to refine the service. Should you experience any difficulties with RightFax, your current means of faxing remains available until further notice. As always, let us know (x4357 or email@example.com) if you have questions or issues.
Are you returning from the break with a new iPad? Or have you had an iPad for a while, and are now ready to learn how to get the most out of it in the W&L environment? Try one of these sessions during the week of Jan. 9:
- Monday, Jan. 9, in the Smart Zone (Leyburn Library) at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.: How to Get Your W&L Email on your iPad
- Tuesday, Jan. 10, in the Smart Zone at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.: How to Access The Stable (Windows Virtual Desktops) on your New iPad
- Wednesday, Jan. 11, in the Smart Zone at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.: Getting Files On and Off the iPad
- Thursday, Jan. 12, in the Smart Zone at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.: iPad: Fun, Free Apps for the iPad
- Friday, Jan. 13, in Leyburn 301, 3-4 p.m.: Tips and Tricks for the iPad: A Session for NEW iPad Users (This session requires registration due to limited seating):
The drawing winners were selected randomly from among those who completed the survey. Laura Turner of Leyburn Library received the grand prize, an iPad2
The following received credit for use in Dining Services facilities or the University Store:
- Karla Murdock, Psychology, $25
- Archer Clover, Staniar Gallery, $25
- David Peterson, History, $50
- Shelia Campbell, Athletics, $50
Thanks again for your participation. We’ll summarize the responses and publish those in early 2012.
Join information Technology Services for hors d’oeuvres and holiday cheer from 3-5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 20 on the main floor of Tucker Hall. We’ll also announce the winner of an iPad2, the grand prize in a series of drawings related to the ongoing ITS survey of faculty and staff. If you haven’t completed the survey, there’s still time! All faculty and staff who complete the survey by Friday, Dec. 16 are eligible to participate in the drawing.
The following e-mail threatening suspension of W&L e-mail accounts is fraudulent. If you receive such an e-mail, do not click on the link. Forward the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and delete it. If you have already divulged your password in response to this fraudulent message, please contact the Information Desk (540-458-4357 or email@example.com).
From: Information Technology Services [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:41 PM
Subject: Security Alerts
Dear Webmail user,
We are currently engaged in webmail maintenance service. As Webmail user,
you are required to confirm your continued usage of your WLU Webmail.
Failure to confirm your WLU Webmail will lead to service suspension. Click
on the link below and fill the Computer Helpdesk Helpform to confirm your
Information Technology Services,
Washington and Lee University.
Winter Academy offers a plethora of workshops, discussion panels, and information sessions for W&L faculty and staff from Monday, Dec. 12 through Thursday, Dec. 15. Sessions such as “iPad: Making the Learning Landscape Even Bigger” and “Non-Traditional Teaching and Learning: Approaches to Teaching Outside the Traditional Classroom” and many more are offered in Winter Academy. Sign up for your choice of sessions at http://go.wlu.edu/WinterAcademy today! Some sessions offer breakfast and lunch, so don’t miss out!